Extended Holiday Gift Returns: To help with your holiday gift giving, purchases made between October 15, 2020 through December 26, 2020 can be returned until January 31, 2021.
At West Elm, we take great pride in the quality of our merchandise. Most items are eligible for return within 30 days of purchase or delivery for a refund of the merchandise value. Please contact our Customer Care Center right away with any concerns about defective or damaged merchandise. Proof of purchase is required for all returns. Please review our full return policy, including items ineligible for return, before starting the return process.
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.97 or $.99)
- Monogrammed items
- Made-to-Order (MTO) items
- Robin mattresses and foundations
- Gift cards
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear
Ways To Return
- In store — You can return most non-furniture items to your local West Elm store for free. (West Elm Outlet items can only be returned to a West Elm Outlet.)
- By mail — Items shipped by mail can be returned by mail with a prepaid UPS label. Depending on the reason for return, you may be responsible for return shipping and processing costs.
- By phone — Furniture and other large items not delivered by mail must be arranged for return over the phone by calling our Customer Care Center at 1.888.922.4119.
Start An Online Return
Online returns are simple if you have your order number and billing zip code (or shipping zip code for gifted items). Pack your item(s) safely in the original box and packaging and use the provided UPS label to ship your return. Depending on the reason for return, you may be responsible for return shipping and processing costs.
Proof Of Purchase
A valid proof of purchase is required to issue refunds or merchandise credit for eligible items. We will accept all of the following as proof of purchase.
- Original paper or gift receipt
- Electronic receipt
- Original packing slip (with order number visible)
- Order number
- Gift registry number
- Original receipt — Returns with the original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment.
- Gift receipt — Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount on the gift receipt.
- Cash and check refunds — Cash and check refunds more than $100 will be issued as a company check and mailed to you (which may take up to 14 business days).
- Over $10,000 — If your return for Merchandise Credit Cards is greater than $10,000, we will issue $10,000 in Merchandise Credit Cards to you that day, then mail additional Merchandise Credit Card(s) for the remaining amount owed to you.
- Shipping and processing fees are nonrefundable.
Prior purchases are not eligible for price adjustments, regardless of whether the item has yet to ship.
We will gladly provide a refund of eligible items purchased from your West Elm registry within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase—whichever date is later.
Online returns and in-store returns are only available for items that were shipped to the United States. If you would like to return eligible items that were shipped to other countries, you must receive a return authorization from our Customer Care Center.
Refunds will be credited by our partner, Borderfree, in the original currency used for purchase. Shipping and processing fees are nonrefundable.
To start an international return, please contact our Customer Care Center by phone or email.
United States — 1.888.922.4119
Canada — 1.855.860.1082
Other Countries — 1.405.717.6122